Monday, July 2, 2012

Sketchy

I think about half the time before I start working on a project I tend to sketch out a rough idea of what I want onto a piece of scrap paper (some random post-it, left over printer paper that only has the URL of some page, an envelope, or whatever that has blank space really).  I tried keeping a sketchbook for my ideas, so I can go back to it, and I don't have to sift through my messy, messy workspace... but I'll be honest, I keep misplacing the darned thing!  I want to keep my sketchbook in my bag, but it makes it heavy.  I want it on my desk, but I move it around when working on something and it gets buried under piles of papers.  Maybe it's just my scatterbrained way that I do things. 

I really need to find a better way to be organized with my ideas.  I think about how many times I've doodled down an idea only to have it disappear, and of course I don't remember the idea (unless I find my doodle).  I'll try to do a better job of keeping track of my ideas, sketchbook, and doodles, and maybe try to show the process that I sometimes go through in order to create something!

I'm still trying to feel out this blog thing.  Hopefully I'll start posting actual projects, recipes, tips, and what not soon enough.

EDIT:
Okay, I still can't find my sketchbook, it's lost somewhere in the house (as often happens to me, I can live with that).  I decided I'm just going to make my own book I can jot down ideas and sketches.

Materials List: Cardstock (something kind of stiff), copy/printer/blank paper (10-15 sheets), stapler that can staple through said 10-15 sheets (with staples would help), and something to make it pretty... black marker, why not?!?

This is what I ended up with (also, nevermind the stuffed wind rider... I used to play Alliance in World of Warcraft, not Horde).

  I'm already thinking of making another one, but smaller.  I'll call it "My Little Big Idea Book" ha ha.  I also just thought of sticking all my stupid post-it notes inside of it too.  Then my ideas will be all in the same place at least :).

If I had some decorative tape, I could add that to the spine... and BAM!  Something to add a little extra to it.  I better go write that idea in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment