Thursday, July 26, 2012

Random Card Making Day!

I felt like making cards today, so I did.  Nothing spectacular, but maybe they may give some people out there ideas.

Card for wedding, housewarming, or an I love you.
First I made this greeting card, based on several other cards and a scrapbook page I've made.  I really like the saying, "home is where the heart is," which is why I have used it on a number of things already.  Previous cards I made used hand cut pieces of colored cardstock, which look beautiful, but can be tedious to make.  I wanted to try printing something out and this is what I came up with.  I designed a black and white version in Photoshop several weeks ago.  I came back to it today and added some color.  I like it, but not as much as the hand cut cards.  If I ever need a quick card for a wedding or housewarming at least I have this ready to go :).

I hope this would make someone smile.
This is truly a totally random card.  I wanted to make a card that reminded me of pictures I used to draw as a kid, they just make me happy.  This card was made with a mixture of paper punches and my handy X-acto Knife.  I'm not sure if I'm 100% done with this, I feel like there's still something missing, maybe a puffy cloud or a butterfly or bee flying around.  I was thinking that this card would work for most happy occasions or maybe to help cheer someone up.  Maybe next time I'll make the sun and flowers not so huge, ha ha.

For a baby shower or welcoming a new baby boy.
This was the last card I made this evening.  There are a TON of babies that will be born in the next 6 months, it's crazy.  For some reason most of them are boys (at least the ones I know about).  I figured that I could use this card at one point or another.  I was mostly playing with layers and colors.  Next time I make a similar card I would probably use less busy patterns or solid colors.  I love the little feet ribbon on the side.

That's it for now.  Maybe I'll have something new in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment