Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cleaning Challenge: My Desk Clean!

 There's still a few things that need to find a proper spot, but for the most part my desk is clean and clear!  I have plenty of space to work, and hopefully I'll get crafting soon :).  So if you remember what it looked like (not posted all that long ago), but here it is again, just for fun:




I went to a couple of stores looking for some stuff to make my stuff nice and organized, but I was surprised I didn't find exactly what I wanted at Staples or Office Depot.  Eventually I found what I wanted at Target.  Well, this is basically what I have now:

Full shot.  There's a few things I haven't quite found the right spot for, but I suspect I will sooner or later.  My computer's desktop could still use some cleaning up...

I found the little drawers at Target, for some reason I couldn't find anything like them at Office Depot or Staples.  I think I got them for $7 each (not super cheap, but cheap enough for me).  I may get one more to fit the rest of my stuff.  The drawers slide all the way out, so I can easily just pull out whichever one I need and move it to where ever I'm working.  I have some random plastic container I've had for years. I also kept some of my mugs, not sure if I'll keep them there or not.

The containers to the left are by Really Useful Box.  They are 16 0.3 liter boxes (each with lids with handles that lock the lid in place).  My biggest complaint is the organizer it's on doesn't completely fit the boxes, with the front sticking out a bit.  So if it sort of tips forward, boxes will most likely fall out.  On top of that I have a cardboard box I cut up, taped up with duct tape (which you see stacked near by)... that holds all my scissors and blades.  I was able to hang one of my paper cutters up on the wall, which saves me desk space!

I was able to make space in various locations for all that scrap paper and what not lying about before.  I cleared up my drawers for the most part, rearranging stuff basically.  I'm also storing most of my paper on a book shelf next to my desk, but that's another post :).  I'm really hoping that I can keep my desk nice and tidy, it makes it much easier to work when I actually have space.

No comments:

Post a Comment