Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Baked Chicken Breast

In the fridge we had 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and I figured it was about time I cooked them up.  Now I usually have a problem with overcooking chicken breast.  It's dry and not very tasty.  Welp, I decided to do a random search for baked chicken breast and found with lots of good reviews.  I used the recipe from Baked Chicken Breast, but as I tend to, I do things a little differently.  I'm pretty bad at following recipes, I'm also a cook who does not measure most of the time (unless I'm baking).  Anywho...

Baked Chicken Breast (serves 4)


Ingredients: (sorry no measurements)
  • boneless skinless chicken breasts (4)
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • seasonings (your choice)
Before I cooked the chicken I let it sit out in a brine for an hour or two (I didn't measure, I put the chicken in a bag, I just sprinkled salt on the chicken, then I filled the bag with water, enough for full coverage of the chicken).  I rinsed off the chicken, and patted them dry.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  I brushed olive oil on to the chicken and seasoned with salt and pepper, plus some herbs and spices.  For two I sprinkled on dried thyme and garlic powder and the other two I sprinkled some paprika.  I suggest sprinkling on whatever you want, I would have used lemon pepper if we had any.  Make sure to oil up and season both sides.

I baked my chicken on a rack over a sheet pan.  Bake on the first side for 15 minutes, when you're finished flip it over and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.  After I flipped the chicken I inserted a probe thermometer into the chicken, it's a digital one that will beep at my set temperature.  I ended up cooking the chicken longer than 15 minutes on the second side, more like 20 or so minutes.

When it was done I took it out and let it rest for a while, as I got the rest of dinner prepared (yummy steamed broccoli).  I sliced up the chicken and it was nice and moist!  I'm so proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment