Monday, July 2, 2012

Recipe: Blueberry Muffins

I love surfing the internet for new recipes!  I usually try to find the recipes that have rave reviews (and having all the ingredients on hand is nice).  This particular recipe I used can be found right here: To Die For Blueberry Muffins.  Not sure if they're to die for, I like being alive, but I found them to be pretty tasty!  Another plus is my husband, daughter, and other family members approve of it :).

Now, I'm notorious for changing around recipes, but I kept true to this recipe.  The only thing I did add was the flour to the blueberries.

Recipe (makes 12 muffins):


Ingredients:
Dry team
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
Wet team
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
Topping Team
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Blueberry Team
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour (to toss and coat blueberries)
Prep Team
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
  • Grease muffin pan or line each cup
Step by Step Action
Meet the teams!  Dry team, wet team, and topping team!  I combined each team together.  (blueberry team is getting dusted in flour)  
 
Getting mixed up!  The dry and wet team get combined (hopefully not getting over-mixed!).  The topping team got a nice mashing together with a fork (maybe next time I'll give it a spin in my mini food processor).  And the blueberries have been tossed in a bit of flour (about a tablespoon).

The blueberries are gently folded into the batter.  I think I may have only smashed 2-3 berries ~_~.

I was able to divide the batter up fairly evenly!  You have no idea how hard this is for me.  The topping is just waiting to get added.

Topped off with a spoonful of team topping (I had left over topping I tossed).  Now into the oven with you, 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Hey, not too shabby :).  I baked for them for 25 minutes total.  Of course depending on your oven, start checking on them at 20 minutes, or even earlier if your oven is suuuuuper unreliable.



Would I change anything?

I really shouldn't do this too often with baking though, baking is such a science!  I did have a few ideas to change/add to the recipe, now that I've done it correctly once.  I think I would add some vanilla extract to the wet team (maybe a teaspoon).  I was also thinking about adding some rolled oats to the topping team, it might add a nice nuttiness to the muffin (just replace some of the flour maybe?).  I might even add a little more cinnamon next time.  Overall though, I think this recipe is definitely a keeper :).

I'm not very good at taking photos while I'm cooking or baking, so hopefully I'll be able to remember to do this sort of thing ~_~.  I'm just using a little rinky dink point and shoot digital camera I steal/borrow from my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment