Sunday, July 15, 2012

Baptism Card (Baby Girl)

Today we are going to a baptism of our friend's baby girl.  My husband said he'd look for a card when he went into Target (while I was in Micheals next door), well... he forgot to even look for it.  Of course I already figured if he couldn't find a nice one (or forgot) I would make the card.  I looked online for card ideas, both for the cover and something nice to say.  I sort of pulled together some ideas and tried them out.

My first attempt I was embellishing a cross, but it ended up looking weird and clunky (to me at least).  I decided simpler would be better.  I picked pink and white paper with a pearl/metallic like finish and started cutting and punching what I needed.

Cross and surrounding vellum is hand cut with scissors and a scalloped paper edger.  The pink  middle was punched with one of the Martha Stewart paper punch edgers.  The heart punched with another of Martha's punches.  I printed out a very simple Bible verse that fit a baptism, and there we have it!  The inside is just a simple message from us to the family, printed on vellum.
I wanted to embellish the card more, but I didn't want to over do it.  I really wanted a simple, clean look, which I feel I achieved.  I kind of wish I made the text on the front fit in nicer, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment