Sunday, July 8, 2012

Craft Preparedness

So this weekend my sis-in-law got married, and it was fun, but they definitely made us work!  The wedding was held at a "Resort," although it was more like a small, upscale 6th grade camp location.  My husband, baby, and I went up the day before so that we could attend the wedding rehearsal and family/wedding party BBQ afterwards.  Before and after the rehearsal and dinner I was basically trying to keep myself helpful.  I asked what was needed, and apparently a box of some sort was needed for love letters and chocolates (something they used during the ceremony).

This is where the craft preparedness comes in.

I knew I would be needed to do some crafting or artsy thing while I was there, so I made sure to bring what I thought would be needed throughout the weekend.  What did I stuff in my bag o' art supplies?  A large pad of Bristol board, Prisma marker set (48), an X-acto knife, my cutting mat, scissors, double-sided tape runner, pencils, pens, and a sketchbook.  I used everything in my bag at least once.  I probably could have used more stuff, but everything turned out nice.

I was also in charge of embellishing a woven heart thing.  I wove some red tulle through the front of the heart.  I then took other colors of tulle and tied bows on the front.  Used some ribbon so it could be hung on this arch thingy the wedding party walked through.

The day of the wedding I was assigned to write all the names on some wooden blocks with chalk paint for everyone's place cards.  I kind of wish they had sanded the wood before they painted them, the names would have looked so much smoother and nicer, but they still looked super nice anyway (even if I wrote the names upside-down, oops!).

Everyone pitched in and I would say that everyone had a good time at the wedding.  It was definitely a group effort, that's for sure.  A ton of the stuff they did was DIY, and it turned out great.

... I also may have ANOTHER wedding to attend on Thursday lol.  Soooo much happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment