Friday, August 3, 2012

YAY! I'll be getting a new sewing machine!


I've been without a sewing machine for maybe 2 or so weeks now.  There's a few reasons I'm getting a new one, but first and foremost I tend to beat my machines up.  I'm not formally trained, I haven't taken any classes, I learned the very basics from my mom (that includs how to thread, thread the bobbin, basic tension stuff, and how sew a straight line).  The machines I've used have all had issues, and I'm going to guess that I was the problem (user error).

Now that I do have more knowledge and experience I wanted something a little bit more than the basic machines I've been using (preferably one I haven't utterly destroyed, seriously, I have no idea what's wrong with me).  On my Etsy shop I've had several inquiries on personalizing an item with a name or something else, so I wanted my next machine to have that capability, even if it's fairly basic.  I also know a ton of babies that are to be born soon, so maybe I can make some personalized gifts!  I have read mostly good reviews on this machine, so I'm really hoping that it will survive my hands.  After it arrives on Tuesday, I hope to dive back into sewing!

I'll definitely let you know how I like it.  I'm not terribly good at reviews, but I can at least tell of my experiences.

1 comment: