Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baby Showers!

It's raining babies!!!  Well almost.

I have no idea what's in the water, but there are a TON of babies that have been born in the last year, and will be born in the next few months.  My sister, my sister-in-law (brother's wife), and my other sister-in-law (husband's sister), are all due between September to January.  That's only the family, that doesn't include all of my friends that I know who are also expecting!

On Sunday we have one baby shower, and I've sort of volunteered to help with decorating, food/desserts, and the giveaways.  I don't think I'll be doing a ton of decorations, the shower will be mostly family and close family friends.  Plus, this is the second shower being thrown.  I do want to make a few things at least though.  I'm planning on a banner, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to try out a diaper cake, or something along those lines.  Most of the food will be ordered from near by restaurants, but I will be making some fresh baked pan de sal (bread/rolls).  For desserts my mom has requested broken glass jello, and a fruit salad (not a healthy one either ha ha).  As the giveaway I'll be baking cookies and hopefully making a nice little tag to put on it or something.  I'm not sure if I'll be making anything else.

Now... for presents... I wanted to make a special blanket, matching pillowcase, matching burp cloths, and maybe a soft rattle for them, but I don't know if I'll have time before the shower.  Luckily I already have some made.  I think I'll will make them a different set for when the baby is born :).

Sorry, no photos this post, but I'll try my best to get some of what I do finish!  I will definitely be a busy little bee for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment