Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stamped Birthday Card - Robots!

Remember my failed attempt at a card here?  Basically, I couldn't make an idea pan out.  So instead I just came up with another idea.  And I got to use what have become my favorite stamps to use.

I used a set of 3 robot stamps on a silver cardstock, then colored them with markers (Prisma, since they work nicely on the paper).  I then used a paper edger with robots and gears on some black paper.  Stamps some silver gears behind it.  Layer everything on, and this is what I came up with.

Honestly I'm not that thrilled with it, but my husband seemed to like it a lot.  It's one of those things where I want to change something, although I have no clue as to what it would be.  Maybe the colors, maybe the background, maybe lots of things.  It's too late now though, it's long been given away.

Meanwhile I've also been busy chugging away at the baby shower decorations.  I'm surprisingly on schedule, at least so far.  I think I'm done with the majority of the decorations, and we will just have to set everything up before Sunday.  For the next 3-4 days I will be cooking and making lots of goodies for the party.  Here's a sneak peek at the thank you stickers I'll be putting on the goodie bag.  I don't think we had a theme for the baby shower, but I'm making one I guess.  Pinwheels.  Because they're cute.  It all started with a banner/sign I made, and it sort of snowballed from there.

When/if I get more pictures I'll post them up.  I probably won't be posting much until after the baby shower on Sunday though.  Hopefully my brother and his wife and everyone else will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment