Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby Shower - Decorations Around the House

Yup, more baby shower stuff.  This post will focus on the general decorations put around the house.  Not everything was photographed, and the photos I did take weren't all that great (sorry).  Honestly, I'm not a great decorator, but I volunteered for the job... I just did the best I could, with the materials I had, in the time I was given.


This was the main sign/banner type thing I made.  The top row of pinwheels are actually layered with two pinwheels, the larger one with double-sided paper, the other a plain colored paper.  I went with a semi-rainbow look with them.  The little poster I made simply with markers and some colored tape.  And more pinwheels with circles around them, because my mom wanted them there :).  

This doesn't quite go with the pinwheel theme, but the diaper cake did have a cloud on it... I guess?  I saw a cute idea while surfing around, it was paper rain drops over a food table.  I ended up taking that part of the idea and adding them to a cloud.  The cloud reads "Welcome", and the rain drops read "to the baby shower".  The rain drops are connected with some white paperclips I had lying around.  Hey, you can actually see me in the mirror taking the photograph.

More banners around the house.  This makes it a little more clear that blue, green, and orange are the main colors that I ended up with.  These were made sort of quickly, I wish I took more time with them.  In the end, they looked fine.

I couldn't get a good shot of this... uh... garland.  I had some extra paper from making pinwheels, and made smaller pinwheels.  Those are the larger circles you can see.  I also threw in some flowers, other circles, and some butterflies for good measure.  I didn't stick with the blue, green, orange theme, instead going for all pastels.  This was my first attempt at a garland, and it was okay, but I think if I were to make another one, I have a good idea how to now.

There were a few other things that were around the house, some balloons, actual pinwheels that refused to spin, and even more balloons.  

Sorry I don't sound so enthusiastic about all of this.  I'm actually quite critical of myself, so I know I could have done better if I had given myself more time, or just took more time for each project.  In the end my brother and his wife, along with everyone else said some nice things about everything.  And making them happy is what really matters to me.

If you would like me to give actual directions or tutorial for something you see here, just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. You don't need to be critical of yourself. I think you did a fine job especially having it be your first time. I like everything I think you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas! Definitely came in handy. Instead of a "welcome" cloud, I made a collage Star Wars cloud. I bought used books from a thrift store. It came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete