Monday, August 6, 2012

The Sewing Machine is Here! And Dinner?

I was surprised to see how fast the sewing machine (that I mentioned in my last post) got here!  The first thing I did was read the manual, well... I mostly skimmed the stuff that I wasn't planning on doing quite yet, and read the basic parts.  It threads and winds the bobbin a bit different than the previous two machines I've used, but it's fairly straight forward.  I had enough free time to make two pillowcases.

So far I'm liking the machine.  I like how quiet it is, I could probably use it when the baby is napping (if it was already set up.  I don't have a permanent table to work on, only an old, flimsy, folding poker table).  And I REALLY like the automatic thread cutter!  I'm not wasting thread with each time I have to cut and start a new thing (so technical).  In short, so far I'm digging the SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine, but I will need more time to give any sort of real review.  I also hope I won't break the poor thing.


And just for fun, this is what we had for dinner tonight!  Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Lemon Spaghetti, as requested by my husband.  While I wasn't going to give the semi-spicy shrimp to my baby girl, she did love the lemon spaghetti!  This was even after she had eaten some chicken, rice, and squash.  My girl just loves to eat :).  The recipes are from Giada De Laurentiis.  Soooo tasty!  Almost everything was eaten up!  We had enough for my husband's lunch tomorrow and a little extra to take over for my mom to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment