Friday, August 24, 2012

Baby Shower - Diaper Babies

When I was shopping for baby shower stuff, I came across some baby socks and washcloths that were on sale.  This reminded me of a diaper baby that was made with these very two items and a diaper.  I think I was pretty lucky since the baby socks and washcloths actually matched, not only that, but they also matched the general color scheme of blue, green, orange that had randomly came up with all the paper I had been choosing.

If I can find the tutorial that I vaguely remember to make these, I'll be sure to post it.  They are very easy to make, and oh so cute!

The materials.  6 diapers and washcloths, and 3 pairs of socks (yup, 6 socks too!  go figure).

Basically, you roll up a diaper, swaddle the diaper with the washcloth, then roll the sock up a bit on itself and it becomes a little hat (kind of like a beanie).

I did add a little paper to draw silly faces on them, and slipped them underneath the sock and washcloth.  I didn't want to draw directly onto the diaper. Googly eyes would have worked too probably.


Since I didn't have any real ideas for these cuties, they ended up on top of the giveaways.  Basically so the little kids wouldn't start digging into the cookies right away ha ha.  It worked too.
While they didn't workout with the whole theme of everything, at least they found a place :).  Originally I thought it would be cute for the mama to be to take them home, but some people ended up taking them with their giveaways, oops!  

No comments:

Post a Comment