Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thought Process: Idea for a birthday card... from a pumpkin?

While browsing randomly on Pinterest I had come across this Halloween decoration.  I initially thought that it was a very cute idea.  I haven't done much decorating for Halloween since I was a teenager, so I didn't think much of it, let alone bother pinning it.  For some reason I kept thinking about this cute pumpkin.  I then thought that those O's looked awfully like 0's, which then led me to think how they would easily be numbers...

This is where it leads to birthday cards.  I have a 1st birthday party to attend to on Sunday, and I thought that a 1 would be easy to fabricate with buttons on a card.  I broke out my button box and tried to throw something together, gluing about 16  buttons onto a pieces of paper.  Let's just say that it currently looks like crap.  Of course it's also glued onto a blank white background (how boring!).  I didn't think this through.  I was hoping to have the phrase cute as a button pop up on this card, but it's not working out.  I need to step away for a bit and rethink this idea.  I also want to find a way to salvage these buttons I haphazardly glued already (it's late, I'm not thinking properly).

I did have an alternative idea.  Similar to my button idea I would create a number one out of circles (most likely blueish in color), then I would cover the background in muted color circles as well.  I'm not sure if this idea will be any better than my buttons, but I'll most likely find out.  If this sees any progress I'll be sure to post something up :).

There are SOOOO many babies around that I can definitely reuse this card if I get something solid thrown together in Photoshop.

Another thought, I can make those circles look like buttons, if I really want to carry on with that idea.  It really is starting to get late, so I better either sleep or start working on this card.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment