Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My New Work Space

I mentioned in my previous post that we were rearranging things.  My main crafting station (once my computer desk) and sewing spot (once a foldout table) are now combined in the corner of our bedroom.

I'm still trying to clean it up, but this is kinda close to what it will look like in the end.  I need to reorganize some of the stuff, but for the most part this is it.

We got the shelf, desk, and drawer at Ikea, although the I had the drawer for a while now.  The peg board was from Home Depot.  A lot of the little drawers and containers around were from Staples or Target.

I really like that my sewing machine almost fits perfectly in the shelf, it sticks out a little onto my desk, but I can definitely live with that.  Most of my cloth is stored in a closet, but anything I couldn't fit ended up in the shelf for temporary storage.

Everything that's on the shelf is not necessarily completely organized.  I'm really trying to figure out what works best for me.  I'm also trying to keep the lower shelves somewhat free of anything dangerous to my daughter.  She likes to actually play underneath the desk, so the four shelves there are her toys, books, and random other things she enjoys playing with.

Sorry for my lack of posts recently.  I've been trying to sleep early (with success most of the nights), but that's also my prime time for posting.  Hopefully I'll get a post up soon of some of my recent creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment